By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Monday, June 26, 2006

United Bloggerdom


Up until now I thought blogging was mostly a causal experience. A digital diary of the "daily funny's" of peoples real life, or at most a place where the religiously and politcally charged could rant and rave about their opinions to their friends. BOY WAS I WRONG! I am sure some of you may have heard of the Daily KOS. This is a Blog-o-sphere EMPIRE built up of a vast community of people concerned with overthrowing the minds of millions. I am not saying this a bad thing. Maybe what we need is some Via La Revolucion. As a political independent I am VERY pro-freedom and believe that forums like this is a great way to get your points accross to a large audience. From what I've learned about blogger sites like Daily KOS is that they are extremely popular, open the floor of discussion wide open, but allowing the vail of anonmity to prevent percecution towards someones set of beliefs. People chastize the Klu Klux Klan for their anonymous prescence, but groups like Alcoholics Anonymous and similar support groups would not have the success they've had without some secrecy. I am not saying that I support the KKK. Their cause undermines their hoods and makes their outfits a badge of cowardice. I do not think that the bloggers at KOS mean to hide behind their screennames. They recently had a Blogger convention in which most of the editors, facilitators, and writers of KOS were more than happy to reveal their identities. But, for the majority of bloggers on the internet, their screenname provides them aminesty from hassle at their workplace, opposition groups, and harassement from what they call "Trolls" or just mean spirited persons who can't deal with healthy debate. Anyways, hats off to Daily KOS and their contribution to the Blog-O-Sphere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home