By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Flight of the Midnight "Ryder"


The past two month is slowly rivaling for the most stressful time in my life. I think the only time that has been more stressful is the last few weeks I lived in Atlanta. Considering I was on my deathbed with no money, facing eviction, and had no medical insurance.....I can still say that was more difficult to deal with. Also, this past two months has not cause me to have an anxiety attack yet. My mother had need of my services this weekend hauling all of my brother's belongings from Montgomery to Panama City. We drove to Montgomery and spent most of the morning packing a U-HAUL and planning on leaving directly after we had all the stuff. Unfortunately we noticed in the middle of backing up the "Nav" that BOTH front tires were bald down to the metal of the tread. We had to get two new tires immediate to avoid certain doom on the way back to PC. This required two hours of waiting, which really didn't bother me considering I had only 2 hours of sleep the night before (reason for this was because of spending the first part of the prior evening drinking a "swimmingpool" size margarita and playing guitar. The rest of my evening was spent worrying about my fiance who was on her bachelorette party. She called me at 5 in the morning safe and sound though.) Anyways, back to the story.... I really didn't see this moving event being a big deal because I didn't think my brother "owned" much. I thought it was mainly a bed, T.V. and a washer dryer set. Turns out my brother owns atleast enough to COMPLETELY fill a U-HAUL trailer and my parent's Lincoln Navigator. I assumed (as I usually incorrectly do) that we would have plenty of room to pick up my sister's Futon (which I am very gracious to have). At first it seemed, to my dismay, there would be no room for said piece of furniture for the ride back to PC. All the sudden, hope emerged as my mother offers the idea of putting the Futon mattress in the Navigator, which ended up being a very tight fit,
<-See..Tight Fit! and the frame of the Futon on top and connect it to the luggage rack. The rest of the car was full to the brim. <--Full to BRIM!

Amazingly everthing stayed put and we arrived in Panama City in One Whole Bungied together piece.

3 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Yeah, the crazy thing is when we got to Panama City, we had to unpack all this, then go repack at Kristi's apartment twice and unload at my apartment. We took her bed frame and put it ON TOP of the Futon frame!

7:43 AM

 
Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Allison, no he was in an apartment. Yea, my brother needs organization like I do : D

p.s. the robe situation is still "no robe" for Bro. Jerry. because....HE SHALL NOT BE, HE SHALL NOT BE MOVED......anyways, your coming to my wedding on Saturday right?

11:45 AM

 
Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

I'm back...will post soon

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home