By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

May the Lord Bless Your Wedding......But I DON'T WEAR GOWNS!


I wonder if this guy will get naked before the end of the service? Anyways, as my "Hitch'in Day" nears closer and closer, The tension is crecendo'ing to a maddening RAWR!! That a Roar with a CAPTIAL RAWR. I got up this morning intent on actually getting my day started at 9. To my dismay, I couldn't get out of the house till 10. I went to meet with the DJ for the reception and the music minister at the church, who is running our powerpoint. This "concerns" me slightly, because there has been very few Sunday morning services that have gone off "Snafu free". I might have to "learn" this guy how to run powerpoint and music. He kind of grimaced at me when I reccomended the reception DJ, who goes to our church, is available to "help" if needed. Considering the DJ does his job very well, I would definately heed his advice.






Anyways, I had plan to just run by to talk to Brother Jerry, our Pastor to request that he wear a Robe at the ceremony. I didn't think he would mind, considering he said he would wear what we wanted him to wear. He flatly REFUSED BY ALL THINGS HOLY to wear a robe and sounded reluctant to "ALLOW" my Grandfather to don said garment only because of his tradition. I assummed Bro. Jerry had probably worn a robe before, since he WEARS ONE DURING ALL BAPTISMS!!! Although not a "wedding" type robe, a robe none the less.

<- Bro. Jerry...aka Anti-Gown Man


This would not be such a big deal had we not already taken him off the "boutineer list" for a flower. That shouldn't be a concern, but to Kristi, every extra phonecall is a "concern".
I am trying to decide if I really care whether my Grandfather should wear one now, but I think I will have him do it just so he feels comfortable.

I think Bro. Jerry's Anti-Gown stance is extremely legalistic and just doesn't make sense, but I guess I can respect he decision. I really don't expect any less I guess. Old preachers like Bro. Jerry are set in their ways and aren't about to hit the "Refresh" button on their lives. That would take change, of which he probably has..........25cents of : D

6 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Oh don't get me wrong. Bro. Jerry is a cool old preacher. He cracks jokes with the best of them. He's just set in his ways and indoctrinated out the ying-yang.

8:55 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I read your blog too, I just don't comment, because we have never met.

But, dude, tell the man to wear a robe. It's your wedding...

12:29 PM

 
Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Sweet! Mas Bloggers! Muchas Gracias para a vistando mi blog de Johnny Caffiene. Tambien, mucho gusto para commentos y palabras amables. In other words. Thanks fer stop'in by. I feel blessed!

3:55 PM

 
Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

By the way, Valerie (nice to make your acquaintance by the way) I have also been by your blog a few times, but haven't commented for the same reason. I also go to your blog Jonathan. I wish you and Mechelle could come down to PC next weekend for my wedding. You know you are more than invited!! I have missed sending SOO many people invitations for various reasons, mostly cause I forgot to ask them for an address. : D

3:59 PM

 
Blogger J. D. C. said...

Hmmm... Robe thing is funny. The robe is tradition though, and not wearing a robe, I think, is an attempt to continued protesting of the "catholic" view point. Don't priests wear robes? I always saw the robe as very academically minded. Most of the time it signifies educational status. But it is a Panama City, in Lower Alabama... maybe they do think it is a dress?

4:27 PM

 
Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Josh,

Like I said, he wears a white robe at baptisms. It's just silly and hypocritical to me.

10:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home