By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Stress Ball Hit me......IN THE FACE!!!!!!

Ok, so here has been my past couple of weeks thus far. I am knee deep in wedding plans and my procastinating self has caused a log-jam with my school work and wedding plans. My grandmother is holding on to life by a thread, which that is so more important than any of my petty thoughts in this bitch-tacular post. Also, Kristi, my fiance feels sick this week and 12 of the 30 people that were invited to her lingerie shower actually showed up. NONE of the recipients of invitations called to "regretfully decline" like they were instructed in the invitation to do. Ofcourse since she is the type of person to "be concerned" about things like this, this makes her have dillusions that few people will show up to her main wedding shower tommorrow or the wedding at all. We came to find out certain people in our family did not receive their wedding invitation. This could be my fault, but I am blaming it on the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE!!! Anyways, we also met with the music minister who wanted to "discuss" our music for the wedding. Due to recent comments made about the music selections sung in church, we were worried we might have a "conflict of interest". Fortunately, he was not "confrontational" and was actually very helpful and full of insight into planning a wedding. He also did not make any comments about my music selections, some of which are not necessarily "holy-week" friendly. Speaking of holy week, much prayers lifted up for my sister and bro-in-law and their week-o-service to the early breakfast go'ers. Btw, this post is for her and Allison cause needed their Fix of Caffiene, and Mary was getting weirded out by Buddy-Christ-a-delic Superstar!
I ask for prayers for myself and Kristi for patience and resolve, but more importantly for my grandmother Memmette who's in the hospital. Speaking of which, I heard today that her condition has improved somewhat and she might actually get better. This would be a miracle of prayer in and of itself.

2 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Mary- Yea, Well, I am certainly gonna try to go see Memmette. I might go with Kristi Sunday after easter service. I dunno if she's scheduled to work Saturday or not. I am suppose to move into my new apartment on that Saturday. Thanks for the encouragement though. I know it's mostly about being married, but Kristi has just been "thrown" into the mega-bride position by so many people. She is a hardcore people pleaser, but that's one of the things I love about her. She has a hard time saying no to people and their expectations. She got so upset at me today over nothing. I really think it was because of the low turnout at her lingerie shower. She is afraid noone is coming to the wedding shower. Very few people had bought anything on her registery this past week. She has been a strong member of her church for YEARS and since she's been dating me, she hasn't been able to go as much for various reasons (i.e. visiting other churches, being out of town, work, ect.) and Northside is like most typical Baptist churches....it's like being in the mafia. Once your in, there is no gett'in out. if you leave...you're shunned. Or atleast that's a perception that one could take. Especially when it comes to wedding gifts. Oh well, just love on her when you come down. She'll appreciate it.

11:04 PM

 
Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

LOL! well, it's why I have not blogged in a few days. I am fix'in to kick that stress ball IN THE FACE!! and begin blogging again!

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home