By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Surreal Life.....Class of 96

Well, I've had some "strange" experiences in my life. I think my highschool reunion ranks up there with the first time I ever saw a French woman's armpit hair. I graduated from Enterprise High School in Enterprise, AL in 1996. To this day, I'm not really sure how. I smoked enough marijuana in highschool to stone all the elephants in Africa. Infact, that's all I did besides play pool every night. But, I think somewhere in that mess I managed to B.S. my way to a highschool diploma. Anyways, so there I was, sitting in a room with almost 80 of my former classmates. It was like an empisode of The Surreal Life. I felt like I was in an alternate universe, walking the halls of my highschool, except everyone was fat and bald or pregnant. I made my rounds like everyone else talking to ex-classmates about where their lives had taken them. Most of them sounds like they didn' t have much to say about themselves other than their work. Here was my typical conversation.....hey how are you? I'm good. So, where are you living?? What's business are you in?? Yeah, well I'm blah blah blah......send in the next person.....Hey how are you?? I'm good. So where you living??.....and round and round we go. I felt a more effective way of doing this little catchup would have been to hand out business cards with my MySpace account and just let them read up on current events in the life of Johnny Claunch aka Johnny Caffiene. Anyways, I was somewhat glad I went. I did get to talk to a few interesting people. Including, having a drink before the reunion with an old buddy of mine who didn't even go to highschool with me. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If any of you ex-classmates of mine read this, some of you (and you know who you are) really have changed since highschool and are better for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

maybe when you guys start having kids. We can plan it together and let them be best friends LOL! We can do group birthday parties and everything (j/k)

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Jim Claunch said...

The school reunions are indeed a strange event. They know you as a you that is no longer there and you know that and it is disfunctional. It is good that we remember that the little rings at the center of the tree are still there but that little tree is really gone. I love all my kids not only for who they were but for who they are and it is the last that is the best because it contains the first as a little ring. Dad

8:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home