By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Friday, May 26, 2006

The Married Life.....almost one month.

.....and so it begins. Kristi and I have almost been married one month. We were getting ready for bed and it occured to me last night that ......I AM F'ing MARRIED!......YES MARRIED!!! *Chinese Guy from Sixteen Candles Voice* This was just one of those milestone type feelings, like when you realize you are graduated from highschool or you drink your first legal beer. I kind of compare it to the "moment of clarity" alcoholics experience when they finally see hope in their lives for the first time. I am sure feelings like this will occur again when Kristi and I have our first child. Alot in my life has changed MAJOR in the past 3 years. I am almost about to graduate college, something I thought I'd never do. I have been in a 3 year relationship, something else I never believed was possible for me, and I LOVE IT! I LOVE not being single and having to prove myself to every Jane Doe that walks my way. I mean, not that I don't still try to say impressive things or walk a little more confident when I encounter the opposite sex, but I just don't feel like I HAVE to impress them, because I am not playing the "pitch 'em woo" game. It's more as in a professional atmosphere or acedemic sense. The crazy thing is, I think my confidence and savy derive frpm being with Kristi for so long. She gives me that in AMAZING WAYS. Kristi and I respond to each others "love languages" pretty well. If you don't know about "love languages" those are the things that either turn you on emotionally. (i.e. acts of services, affectionate touch, words of affirmation and encouragement.) If you are currently in a relationship, I HIGHLY reccomend you discover what your significant other's love languages are. Hopefully, you are like Kristi and I and have natural tendencies towards adhereing to your partner's language.
Well, I hope I'm not being to mushy gushy about how wonderful it is to be married to Kristi, which it IS! Maybe we are still in the "honeymoon period" so to speak and really haven't allowed the QUIRKS to set in. I am really trying to make a conscience effort to work on some of my flaws to avoid having them on the QUIRK list. (i.e. doing chores around the house). Please pray for my vigilance in accomplishing this. I really don't want to replace my mother with Kristi (well, not in this capacity). Kristi is STILL going to have to comfort me in SICKNESS....it was in the vows man!

1 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Thanks big J. Did you get my email about us going to see needtobreathe in concert?

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home