By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Memmette has the "Eye of the Tiger"


For those that didn't get the joke in the title of this blog, the song "Eye of the Tiger" was by the group Survivor. For those that don't already know this very regal and vivacious lady, she is my grandmother, known very affectionately as Memmette (the combination of her first and middle name Mary Emmette). This woman is the epidomy of a survivor. She has faced cancer, surgery at almost 90 years of age, and years and years of tense Auburn football games. This qualifies her as Super-Survivor. (Don't you just love this picture also, she looks as though to say "this is my plate of yummy food, BACK OFF!")

If you keep up with my blog, you know she was recently in critical condition at Baptist Medical Center in Montgomery. She was near death, but by the grace of God miraculously came jumping back in the game. Because of her condition, she, unfortunately, wasn't able to attend my wedding. She was extremely missed and will be privy to a full reinactment via video and Power Point presentation sometime during July when my uncle, who also could not attend, will be home. I have already begun to send pictures up to Hayneville via my wonderful Aunt Carole, who has been caring for Memmette diligently for years. Fortunately, she has gathered more help, with the addition of the Memmette care crew, the "bedside" nurse ladies.

She has had a core crew helping for awhile, including my cousin Sonya and the always reliable Kat. Kat is our families very beloved housekeeper, who is known for her biscuits! All of these ladies are co-survivors in MemmetteCare and "rear'in younguns"! Go Team Haynville!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Claunch said...

Johnny,


Great insight into Memmette as a survivor.She goes back before the depression, WWII, Korea,Nam,Desert Storm I and II and not only that she raised Tommy, Carole and me. She has fought a gazillion battles and is still in the fight. Seniors are not just old folks they are a quiet kind of hero if you have eyes to see it.

8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home