By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So...I'm going to my 10 year highschool reunion

Alabama has some fond memories for me, most of them being at my grandmothers. Not so many at my highschool. I had a hard time making friends when I moved to Enterprise, Alabama. I was held back a year because Pensacola High School only let's you go on to the next grade if you "pass classes". Also, PHS instructors don't really give two sheets if you have a learning disability. This was made obvious when I went from making D's and F's at PHS to making A's and B's at Dauphin Jr. High. Well, so I graduated in 1996. I knew my 10 year reunion was coming up, but I haven't heard from any of my old classmates in most of those 10 years. Barring some run in's with some of them who still thought they were in highschool. Then something strange happened.....I made a MySpace account and all the sudden I ran into all kind of crazy people from Enterprise. Infact, just yesterday, I got a message from my friend Ben, who was one of my closest friends in Enterprise. Also, I spoke with my buddy Buddha aka Ray Crumpler who was known in highschool for always having about a pound of marijuana on him. Surprisingly, he is now in the army and going to school to be a nutrionist. He also doesn't smoke anymore, or do much of anything phyiscally harmful. Glad to see people change. Anyways, I heard from another MySpace buddy that my reunion was going to be held on June 17th in Enterprise. I decided to go for two reasons. I can flaunt my new wife and I want to see how miserable all the jerks in highschool have become in their hell-hole jobs and have become become sedated by not giving life a chance. What I mean by this is most of the people who I didn't like in highschool did not have much substance to them and had a good chance of never finding purpose in life. Although I don't wish the worst on these people, I just want to be reminded why I made the life decisions I have and why they have their benefits! Also, this one dude named Mark Wilkerson I used to play guitar with became a rockstar and married Melissa Joan Heart. I wanna see if Sabrina the Teenage Witch comes to my highschool reunion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home