By night a mild mannered pizza boy and college student...but in the morning I AM JOHNNY CAFFIENE.

Monday, February 27, 2006

JESUS-ER-CISE!!!! (YOU GOT TA MOVE IT, MOVE IT!)


Just when you think you've seen the worst of "Christian Alternative" marketing products.......I give you Jesus-er-cise! Recently I saw a news segment on Fox News about The Christian Fitness Center...somewhere in Ohio. I wanted to post an internet transcript of the segment, because they had a "opposition" person who gave some good insight to why this is NOT a good business venture, but Fox didn't post anything.
Anyways, I decided to research the "Christian Fitness" movement. I found that most of the women involved looked remarkably like Beth Moore.

Anyways, the "Christian Fitness Center" is a health club that has wall to wall bible scriptures to motivate people to healthier lives through biblical principles. Personally, if you wanna "sweat to scripture" by all means go for it. Instead of pictures of Jane Fonda and Billy Blank, you could put up charactures of Sampson and Bathsheba (who were considered to be biblical hotties!). But just don't forget that, while having physical well-being is great,using the bible for a new "get healthy" gimic cheapens scripture and can mock the Gospel of Jesus. I think Jesus want's his followers to be in good shape, but I think he wants us to know more about loving people and giving ourselves in service...which I guess you gotta "be buff" to do construction in Mexico on mission trips! Anyways, I just hope churches don't decide to incorporate fitness programs into their sunday morning service. The next thing will be Yoga warm ups before you get your "praise on".


2 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Ya. My comment was my inspiration for my blog. I just love the picture of Beth Moore. She is HARDCORE!.....AND THE LEGEND OF THE BETH WAS WAAY HARDCORE (School of Rock imitation).

1:48 PM

 
Blogger JohnnyCaffeine said...

Yep. Beth Moore is THE "guru" of southern christian housewives. You aren't a real "Godly" woman until you have the Sargent Beth helmet haircut. I told Kristi she is forbidden to ever cut her hair that short. It's for her own good.

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home